Sunday, April 1, 2012

From My Heart to God

This is somewhat of a prayer that i wrote down during a time in my life when I felt really far from God. A time when I just felt like I couldn't find Him. This poem represents a time in my life when I was in a dark place and I came to realize that Jesus does hear my prayers, that God is big enough to forgive even what I think is my worst sin and that because of what Jesus did for me I can see the light.


LIGHT
As I lie here, awake in the darkness
I'm longing just to hear ~ Your comforting voice
Because I knew it was wrong, but it felt so right ~
So now I wait for the dawn, so I can see light!

Cuz right now I feel jaded ~ and Your voice is faded
In my heart I know you're there
It is my prayers I know You hear.

Tonight I lift my sins
Tonight I lift my burdens
I give EVERYTHING to You God

My heart is no longer heavy
You have forgiven my iniquities
You have taken away my burdens
The sun has arose out of the darkness

I SEE YOUR LIGHT! 


                                       Love in Christ,
                                                   ~S


No comments:

Post a Comment