Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Be Still

This is somewhat of a poem. I wrote this for a wonderful woman who God put in my life! She showed me what it is to be truly strong and faithful in the Lord. She has an absolutely amazing story! The Lord never ceases to amaze me with his love, kindness, and faithfulness! I know that God has put her in my life for a divine reason! I love her dearly and her life is such a blessing to me and a true testimony to what true joy in the Lord is! 

Thousands of tears my eyes have shed
Thousands of prayers my heart has said
I keep asking why and no one has answers
O Lord why did they have to go? 
How could you choose to take them so?

A thousand more tears my eyes will cry
A thousand more prayers in this heart of mine..
Day by day, in each passing moment
I wonder of your plans divine..

As the voices in my head keep talking, 
Your still small voice is saying...
"Just be still, I'm right here - Look up at me!"

Be still and know that I adore you
Be still and know that this is my plan
Be still and know that I am with you
Be still and know just who I am!

This struggle within me, to understand Your sovereignty..
Is fading.
I surrender my all to You - I have joy! Unspeakable joy!
Though there's tears, and there's pain - 
I'll sing praise to Your glorious name!

So let Your blessings fall 
Like droplets of rain! 
When all seems impossible, 
No I won't be afraid!
As life's icy winds blow - You speak again!
At Your command, warm breezes flow!
And they comfort me!!!

Lord YOU comfort me!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I remember when you showed this to me at practice one day! I LOVE this!! :) I love her story too! God has used her a lot in my life and in many other's :) This is SO good! ~Ps.46:10~
    ~J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaime! :) yes she is a phenomenal woman! I'm glad you like it!!
    ~S

    ReplyDelete